I like October. Let me count the ways:
- We start the month with Sukkot (okay technically this starts Sept. 30) which means Scott Allen and I are sukkah builders working for Rabbi Lever – which is actually good fun and gets us outside. Rabbi has promised fun activities and reflection as we use our sukkahs at both Samson and Toby. I believe I heard something about Pizza in the Hut?
- College football is in full gear and hopefully Notre Dame is still going strong.
- It is finally starting to cool off. What a long, hot summer we have had. What a relief!
- Our Menorah Life Annual Meeting takes place which marks another corporate year for us and is a reminder of our legacy and mission of care.
- It’s my birthday on the 23rd – which of course I make a big deal about every year and this year is a big one for me.
Every October is a reminder of the cycle of life, new beginnings, and a celebration of having made it through another summer. Another year behind, and another year of blessings to look forward to. To everyone who is a part of our Menorah family and our mission of care, thank you for your continuing support and your faith and confidence. We are here to serve and you make this possible.
Have a wonderful October and enjoy this special time of year.
Come join us in the Sukkah!