Hurricane season takes place annually from June 1 through November 30. Planning and preparing in advance can make a big difference in safety and recovery. Prior to our community being under a storm threat, this is an important time to share with you our emergency preparedness and storm protocols.
- We are well organized and have plans in place to keep our residents/patients safe throughout the tropical storm/hurricane season.
- Our emergency plan includes sheltering-in-place.
- We prepare in advance to have staffing, food, and supplies in-house to take care of our needs.
- Emergency generators are connected at both the Samson Nursing Center and Toby Weinman Residence to provide 100% back-up power if necessary.
- We are committed to keeping you informed throughout as best as we can. Based upon accessibility of our technology systems, storm updates will be sent out by email, as well as posted on our website and social media accounts.
Your family members, our residents/patients, remain our highest priority. As we keep them safe, please make your own safety a priority as well.
Rabbi Karen Tashman
Director of Development & Communications